Deep fried hot wings and drumettes recipe
Deep Fried Hot Wings and Drumettes
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Wings and drumettes, deep fried to a golden brown and coated with hot sauce. Yummy!!!! Yummy!!!! If you like it hotter, by all means dump more hot sauce on. Serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing. Enjoy!!
Ready in: 55 mins
- peanut or vegetable oil for frying
- 1 cup self-rising flour (must be self-rising)
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 (5 ounce) bottles Frank’s Red Hot(R) Sauce (or any hot pepper sauce choice)
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken wings and drumettes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, or to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup real butter
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 25 mins | Extra time: 10 mins
1. Heat oil in a deep fryer to 400 degrees F.
2. Place the flour in a mixing bowl; set aside. In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, water, and one bottle of the hot sauce until smooth. Set aside.
3. Season the chicken with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Dip each piece into the egg mixture, then toss with the flour mixture to coat. Gently shake off excess flour and set aside. Repeat with the remainging chicken.
4. Fry the chicken wings in batches until no longer pink at the bone and the skin is golden brown and crispy. Drain in a large mixing bowl lined with paper towels, then sprinkle with salt.
5. Meanwhile, cook the butter and remaining bottle of hot sauce in a saucepan over medium-high heat until the butter has melted. Whisk until smooth. Remove the paper towels from the bowl of chicken, and pour the sauce over top. Toss until the wings are well coated with the sauce.
Reference: Deep fried hot wings and drumettes recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.