Cuban sofrito sauce recipe
Cuban Sofrito (Sauce)
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
Authentic Cuban Sofrito, It the Key ingredent for Cuban food, it gives it the flavor.
Ready in: 1 hour 5 mins
Makes: 1 pint
- 21 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 8 to 10 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 or 2 bay leaves
- Dash of ground cumin
- Dash of dried oregano
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup Sherry, or to taste
- Salt to taste (optional)
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 45 mins
1. Sautee tomatoes, peppers, onion, garlic, bay leaves, cumin and oregano in oil slowly until all vegetables are limp.
2. Add Sherry and let simmer until reduced and thickened, about 30 minutes.
3. If you add the salt, taste beforehand as you might not need it at all.
4. The key is in the simmering.
Tags: recipe, Cuban sofrito sauce recipe, diy, how to cook, prepare Cuban sofrito sauce recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com