Crunchy wild rice pilaf with mushrooms and peas recipe
Crunchy Wild Rice Pilaf with Mushrooms and Peas
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Great recipe for cooked leftover wild rice, or just make it special for this rice pilaf. This easy recipe includes frozen peas and garbanzo beans to make it a filling side dish or a main course on its own.
Ready in: 35 mins
- 3 ounces (1/2 cup) wild rice, cooked according to package directions
- 1/2 pound orzo
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup canned garbanzo beans
- Salt, to taste
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 25 mins
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil over high heat. Add orzo and cook according to package directions, then drain and combine with cooked wild rice.
2. Place butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook mushrooms in melted butter for about 3 minutes, then add pecans and sage and cook for another 3 minutes. Add remaining ingredients, including prepared orzo and pasta. Serve.
Reference: Crunchy wild rice pilaf with mushrooms and peas recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.