Crispy lemon codfish recipe
Crispy Lemon Codfish Recipe
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
1. Cod fish fillets (1 1/2lb)
2. egg whites (2)
3. butter (1tbsp)
4. kosher salt (to taste)
5. freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
6. Panko or Japanese bread crumbs (2c)
7. olive oil (2tbsp)
For Lemon Butter Sauce Ingredients
1. Butter (2tbsp)
2. white wine vinegar (2tbsp)
3. fresh lemon juice (1/3c)
4. kosher salt (1/2tsp)
Method of preparation
1. Take a nonstick frying pan of large size, place it over medium heat and then heat olive oil and butter in it. Take a small bowl, beat egg whites in it.
2. Take a shallow dish; spread Panko in single layer in the dish. Take cod fish, first dip it in beaten egg whites and then coat it with Panko. Dust salt and pepper over the coated fish.
3. Now saute fish in olive oil and butter mixture for about 3 minutes until it gets golden color. Then turn the side of the fish and cook it from other side. Then place it in a serving dish and keep it aside.
4. Now to prepare the lemon sauce, take a saucepan of small size. Place it over medium low heat and then heat vinegar and lemon juice in it for about 5 to 6 minutes until the mixture gets reduced to half. Then mix salt and butter in it.
5. Sprinkle it over the crispy cod fish in the serving dish. Now lemon cod fish gets ready, serve it hot.
Reference: Crispy lemon codfish recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.