Creamy summer potato salad recipe
Creamy Summer Potato SaladThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
This summer potato salad is a hit in all the spring/summer gatherings we’ve held. The twist is the white wine vinegar that gives it a hint of acidity and the hint of sweetness.
Ready in: 3 hours 25 mins
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 medium round red potatoes
Preparation methodPrep: 3 hours | Cook: 15 mins | Extra time: 10 mins
1. Add mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard, and sour cream to a bowl, whisking together.
2. Add white wine vinegar, whisking again.
3. Add green onion, celery, sugar, salt, celery seed, white pepper, and garlic powder to mix.
4. Cover and chill for at least two hours.
5. Cut potatoes into 1/2-inch chunks, leaving skins on; place in a pot, filling with water to just cover the potatoes.
6. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes or until just tender.
7. Drain well, set aside, and allow to cool.
8. Once cool mix potatoes with sauce, toss, and serve or cover and chill.
Reference: Creamy summer potato salad recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 26 times, 1 visits today)