Crazy orange banana nut bread recipe
Crazy Orange Banana Nut BreadThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
A full flavored sweet bread.
Ready in: 1 hour 10 mins
- 1/2 cup shortening or butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1/3 cup juice of the zested orange
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Orange Crasins(R) or raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
Preparation methodPrep: 15 mins | Cook: 55 mins
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan or 3 mini loaf pans.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the shortening and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition, then stir in the banana, orange juice and vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Beat into creamed mixture. Stir in Craisins, nuts and zest. Pour into prepared pan.
4. 4. Bake in preheated oven for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out dry.
Reference: Crazy orange banana nut bread recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 33 times, 1 visits today)