Corn chowder recipe
Corn ChowderThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Milk and creamed corn make this chowder thick and creamy.
Ready in: 1 hour 15 mins
- 1 cup dry non-fat milk
- 2 1/2 cups water (to reconstitute milk)
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 3 1/4 cups water (for soup)
- 1 large potato, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 (14 ounce) cans creamed corn
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
Preparation methodPrep: 45 mins | Cook: 30 mins
1. Reconstitute the dry milk with 2 1/2 cups water according to directions on package.
2. Saute celery, onion, and pepper in salad oil in a skillet on medium heat until tender.
3. Add water, potato, salt and pepper to large soup pot on stove. Add sauteed vegetables and bacon. Mix thoroughly, bring to a boil on medium, and reduce heat to low. Simmer 5-10 minutes until potatoes are tender.
4. Add corn, bring to a boil again and stir occasionally. Add milk and butter to mixture.
5. Heat slowly to serving temperature. DO NOT BOIL.
Reference: Corn chowder recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 19 times, 1 visits today)