Colin’s turkey casserole recipe
Colin’s Turkey Casserole
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
A family dish full of flavor. Serve with boiled rice.
Ready in: 1 hour 45 mins
- 1 3/4 pounds Turkey leg meat (uncooked), cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 large onion, sliced.
- 6 strips of red pepper, cut in half
- 6 strips of green pepper cut in half
- 8 large whole mushrooms
- 1 apple, sliced
- Bouquet garni of thyme, oregano, parsley and sage.
- Butter and olive oil for frying
- ½ Pint Dry White wine
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 1 hour 30 mins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Fry onion gently in butter and oil in a frying pan for 5 minutes, then add peppers and cook for another 5 minutes. With a slotted spoon, remove and put into casserole.
3. In the same oil, brown the turkey, and add to casserole. Add mushrooms, apple, garlic and wine and stir to mix. Add bouquet garni, salt and pepper.
4. Cover and bake for 1½ to 2 hours until turkey is tender. Remove herbs.
Reference: Colin’s turkey casserole recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 21 times, 1 visits today)