Classic chicken cacciatore recipe
Classic Chicken Cacciatore Recipe
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
1. Cut chicken into pieces (2whole)
2. chicken broth (1can)
3. spaghetti or other type of pasta (1pound)
4. dry red wine (1/2c)
5. portabella mushroom or porcini (1c)
6. green pepper cut into chunks (1)
7. yellow onion cut into chunks(1)
8. diced tomatoes (1can)
9. flour for dredging (1/2c)
10. salt (1/2tsp)
11. freshly ground pepper (1/2 tsp)
12. extra virgin olive oil (1/4c)
13. dried oregano (1tsp)
14. dried basil (1tsp)
15. chopped fresh parsley (1/4c)
Method of preparation
1. Take a bowl, mix flour, salt and pepper in it. Use this flour mixture for dredging the chicken.
2. Take a large frying pan. Put olive oil in it and then saute the chicken in it. Place the chicken in large pot. Add tomatoes, broth and wine and then cook it for 15 minutes. Now add green pepper, onion and mushroom and then basil and oregano, cover the pot and cook it for 45 minutes.
3. Take pan boil water in it and pasta in it. Boil the pasta for 10 minutes until it gets properly cooked. Drain it. Place it on large serving dish and then top it with chicken and sauce. Garnish it with parsley and then serve it
Number of servings 8 people
Reference: Classic chicken cacciatore recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.