Clambake on the grill recipe
Clambake on the GrillThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Here’s how to have a clambake at home. Also, how to be the hero of the day. You’ll fill a big pot with your favorite seafood and veggies and end up with a backyard full of happy family and friends.
Ready in: 50 mins
- 2 pounds small new yellow potatoes
- 1 pound andouille sausage, sliced into bite-size pieces
- 1 (50 count) bag littleneck clams
- 2 (1 pound) bags steamer clams
- 1 lemon, cut into rounds
- 5 cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
- 1 bunch fresh thyme
- 2 pounds (about 45 count) shell-on large shrimp
- 4 ears corn, broken into 3 pieces each
- Melted butter, for serving
- Old Bay(R), for serving
Preparation methodPrep: 20 mins | Cook: 30 mins
1. Preheat grill to high heat.
2. Combine potatoes, sausage, and 4 cups water in an 18-inch roasting pan set on the grill. Bring liquid to a boil with the grill lid closed, then add clams, lemon, garlic, and thyme. Cover roasting pan with foil, close grill again, and cook for 15 minutes.
3. After 15 minutes has passed, open the foil and add shrimp and corn. Reseal the foil and cover the grill again. Cook for another 15 minutes, or until clams have opened.
4. Serve shellfish, sausage, and vegetables on a platter and broth in individual bowls for dipping, with butter, lemon wedges, and Old Bay(R) seasoning, if desired.
Reference: Clambake on the grill recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 22 times, 1 visits today)