Citrus marinated cuban pork chops recipe
Citrus Marinated Cuban Pork ChopsThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
These boneless pork chops are marinaded in a citrus bath and filled with ham, Swiss and pickles and grilled to perfection. This is an easy recipe that will leave your guests impressed with your culinary skill.
Ready in: 35 mins
- 2 navel oranges, divided, juice and rind reserved
- 2 limes, divided, juice and rind reserved
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup cilantro, divided, loosely packed
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 thick-cut (1 1/2-inch) boneless pork chops, butterflied, pounded flat
- 1 cup Swiss cheese, shredded
- 2 ham steaks, 1/4-inch thick
- 2 dill pickles, sliced 1/4-inch thick
Preparation methodPrep: 20 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. Prepare the marinade by adding juice from 1 orange and 1 lime, rind from 1 orange and 1 lime, garlic, 1/4 cup cilantro and 1/4 cup olive oil in a food processor. Pulse for 1 minute until well blended. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Butterfly the pork chops by cutting through to within approximately 1/2-inch of fat backing. Pound pork with mallet to 1/4-inch. Place pork chops in air-tight bag and cover completely with marinade. Refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours.
3. Preheat grill to Medium High for direct grilling.
4. Drain and discard marinade. Pat pork chops dry, being careful not to remove too much rind from marinade. Open butterflied chops and place 1/4 cup of shredded Swiss cheese on lower piece, cover with ham steak, layer with 1 sliced pickle, cover with 1/4 cup of Swiss cheese and finally fold top flat over cheese.
5. Place stuffed chops over direct Medium High heat and cook for 5 to 6 minutes. Carefully flip and cook for another 5 to 6 and remove from grill. Cover and keep warm.
6. Prepare citrus vinaigrette by adding juice from 1 navel orange and 1 lime, rind from 1 navel orange and 1 lime, 1/4 cup cilantro and 1/4 cup olive oil in a food processor. Pulse for 1 minute until well blended. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Serve pork chops with citrus vinaigrette drizzled over the top.
Reference: Citrus marinated cuban pork chops recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 19 times, 1 visits today)