Cioppino italian fish stew recipe
Cioppino Italian Fish Stew Recipe
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
1. Fresh fish (flounder, haddock, perch), boned and cut into 1 inch pieces fresh fish (1/2pound)
2. shrimp in the shell (1pound)
3. chopped parsley sprig (6)
4. freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (2tbsp)
5. lemon wedges (8)
6. scrubbed clean, clams in the shell (6)
7. red wine (1/2c)
8. oregano (1tsp)
9. marjoram (1tsp)
10. rosemary (1tsp)
11. chopped garlic (2cloves)
12. thinly sliced celery (2stalks)
13. chopped onion (1)
14. tomato juice (3c)
Method of preparation
1. Take a pot, add tomato juice in it and keep it to simmer over low heat. Now add fish, oregano, garlic, onion, marjoram, celery and rosemary in the pot.
2. Cover the pot and keep it to simmer for an hour until the broth gets thickened. Add shrimp, wine and clams in the pot and keep the mixture to boil. Now turn down the heat to low and keep it to simmer and cook the shrimp until it changes its color to pink.
3. Take heated serving bowls, place the shrimp in it and add cheese, parsley and lemon wedges on the top and then serve it.
Reference: Cioppino italian fish stew recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 17 times, 1 visits today)