Cincinnati turkey chili recipe
Cincinnati Turkey Chili
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Delicious Cincinnati chili made with ground turkey. Serve over noodles, it’s the Cinci way. Inspired by Nordicus’ “Nordicus’ Cincinnati Chili”
Ready in: 11 hours 15 mins
- 4 cups water
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 large bay leaf
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 ounce unsweetened chocolate, grated
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 3 hours | Extra time: 8 hours, chilling
1. Bring water to boil in a 4 to 6 quart soup pot. Crumble turkey into pot, stir, and reduce heat to low.
2. Add remaining ingredients. Bring back to a boil, then simmer on low for 2 1/2 hours. Cool, uncovered. Refrigerate overnight, then skim fat, reheat, and serve.
Reference: Cincinnati turkey chili recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.