Bbq ranch skillet chicken with awesome mashed potatoes recipe
BBQ Ranch Skillet Chicken with Awesome Mashed PotatoesThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introIntroducing the mouthwatering BBQ Ranch Skillet Chicken with Awesome Mashed Potatoes recipe! This delightful dish combines tender and juicy chicken cooked in a flavorful BBQ ranch sauce, served alongside creamy and fluffy mashed potatoes. The combination of smoky barbecue flavors and tangy ranch dressing creates a perfect balance that will leave your taste buds craving for more. Whether you're hosting a family dinner or looking for a comforting weeknight meal, this recipe is guaranteed to impress.
Keywords: BBQ ranch, skillet chicken, mashed potatoes, flavorful, comfort food.
Bbq ranch skillet chicken with awesome mashed potatoes recipe details
An amazingly flavorful meal consisting of bacon-Cheddar mashed potatoes and barbecue ranch chicken cooked in bacon grease for a fuller flavor. While I prefer the convenience of instant mashed potatoes, you may choose to prepare regular mashed potatoes by skinning them and cooking as normal.
Ready in: 1 hour
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon McCormick(R) Rotisserie Chicken Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups ranch dressing
- 1 1/2 cups your favorite barbeque sauce
- 6 servings hot, prepared mashed potatoes
- 6 strips bacon
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley (or dried parsley flakes)
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Preparation methodPrep: 15 mins | Cook: 15 mins | Extra time: 30 mins, marinating
1. Rinse and trim fat from chicken breasts. Place onto a cutting board, and tenderize by piercing with a fork thoroughly. Repeat for reverse side (optional). Sprinkle and massage seasoning, granulated garlic, seasoned salt and black pepper into chicken breast pieces evenly on both sides.
2. Pour ranch dressing into a 9×13-inch baking dish, or another close-fitting dish. Place chicken meaty-side-down into ranch dressing. Spoon the barbeque sauce evenly over the top of the chicken. Marinate at room temperature 30 minutes.
3. Start preparing the mashed potatoes if you are starting from scratch. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the bacon strips until crisp and well-done, but not burnt. Place fully-cooked strips of bacon on a paper towel to degrease. Drain off most of the bacon grease, but leave enough to cook the chicken in.
4. After stirring the instant potatoes or mashing the regular potatoes, crumble the (now cooled) bacon, and stir it into the potatoes along with the parsley and Cheddar cheese. Cover and keep warm.
5. Heat the skillet over medium heat until the bacon grease begins to sizzle. Shake excess sauce off of the chicken, then place the breasts in the pan. It does not matter which side is down, as the flavors will blend well together as the chicken cooks.
6. Cook for 5 minutes on one side, then 5 minutes on the other. Continue cooking until the chicken is no longer pink in the center.
7. If you’d like some additional sauce to serve with the chicken, stir the remaining marinade together with 1/2 cup of water in a saucepan, and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to a simmer, and cook at least 5 minutes before serving.
8. Stir up the mashed potatoes, folding in the bacon pieces and cheese. Add salt or pepper to taste. Plate the chicken and mashed potatoes and enjoy!Tip
The key ingredient to this recipe, of course, is the McCormick Rotisserie Chicken Seasoning, which is a truly amazing and versatile blend of herbs and spices. Listed on the label as ingredients are: “Salt, Onion, Spices, Paprika, Garlic, and Citric Acid.”Instant potato note
If you choose to work with instant mashed potatoes, follow the directions for three to four servings, but switch the water and milk measurements to make your mashed even creamier. Add a dash of seasoned salt, a dash of McCormick Rotisserie Chicken seasoning, parsley, and black pepper to the milk and water before boiling.Tip
Another option to add more flavor to the Mashed Potatoes is to pour in a half-cup of ranch dressing before boiling.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Bbq ranch skillet chicken with awesome mashed potatoes recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.