Chourico breakfast salsa recipe
Chourico Breakfast SalsaThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introThis Chourico breakfast salsa recipe is a delightful twist on a classic breakfast dish. Made with flavorful chourico sausage, fresh vegetables, and a touch of spice, this salsa is perfect for adding a burst of flavor to your morning meal. Whether you enjoy it with scrambled eggs, as a topping for toast, or simply as a dip with tortilla chips, this recipe is sure to satisfy your taste buds. The combination of smoky chourico, tangy tomatoes, and zesty spices creates a harmonious blend that will leave you craving more.
Keywords: Chourico, breakfast, salsa, recipe, flavor
Chourico breakfast salsa recipe details
In a recent trip to San Francisco, my brother and I frequented a restaurant in the Haight District for breakfast. The inspiration for this came from that trip. Very simple. Serve warm over eggs or as a side with eggs. Great with Eggbeaters(R) omelets, or use as a side, a topping (for eggs, omelets) or an ingredient. Hope you enjoy.
Ready in: 25 mins
- 1/4 pound Hot chourico sausage
- 1 small onion
- 1 large tomato
- 1 chili pepper (optional)
- 3 drops hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice (optional)
Preparation methodPrep: 10 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. Spray medium sized non-stick skillet with cooking spray. Dice onion and saute on medium heat.
2. Thinly slice sausage and dice. Add to onions in skillet at medium heat.
3. Core and coarsely chop tomato. Add to onion sausage mix in skillet. Increase heat to medium-high.
4. Dice chili pepper and add at this time (if desired).
5. Add 3 drops of hot sauce to skillet. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally until only a thin layer of moisture remains (approximately 15 minutes).
6. Remove from heat. Add lime juice (if desired) and stir.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Chourico breakfast salsa recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.