Chocolate rum pie recipe
Chocolate Rum Pie RecipeThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown. Ingredients
1. Unsweetened chocolate (1 oz)
2. eggs (2)
3. corn syrup (1/2 cup)
4. pastry for crust pie (1 of 9 inch about 23 cm)
5. butter (1 tbsp)
6. sugar (1/3 cup)
7. vanilla (1/2 tsp)
8. eggs yolks (3)
9. cold water (1/2 cup)
10. dark rum (1/3 cup)
11. pecan halves (1/2 cup)
12. sugar (2/3 cup)
13. unflavored gelatin (1 tbsp)
14. whipping cream (1c)
15. chocolate curls or pecan halves (optional)
Method of preparation
1. First heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Take a pie pan of 9 inch, line it with pastry and make a high fluted edge and then keep it aside.
2. Take a saucepan of small size, place it over low heat. Add chocolate and butter in it and heat it until it gets melted. Take a bowl, beat eggs, chocolate mixture, corn syrup, 1/3 cup of sugar and vanilla in it. Mix 1/2c pecans in it and then pour the mixture into the lined pie pan.
3. Place the pan in oven and bake it for about 15 to 20 minutes at 375 degrees F until the filling get set and pastry gets brown in color. Take it out from oven and keep it to cool. Beat egg yolks in a bowl until it gets foamy and slowly beat 2/3 cup of sugar in it.
4. Take a small saucepan, mix gelatin and water in it. Keep it for about 5 minutes and then boil it by stirring. Slowly beat into egg yolk mixture and beat in rum.
5. Now place the bowl in ice water until it gets chill and get shape when it dropped from the spoon. Beat the cream and then add to the gelatin mixture. Again place it in ice water until the mixture starts to hold peaks.
6. Spread chocolate mixture on pie shell and then decorate it with pecan halves or chocolate curls. Keep it to chill and then serve it.
Number of servings – 6 to 8
Share this content!
Reference: Chocolate rum pie recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.