Chocolate nougat cake recipe
Chocolate Nougat CakeThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
A chocolate layer cake. Fill and frost with your favorite creamy white icing, such as White Mountain Cream.
Ready in: 1 hour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk, divided
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 squares chocolate, melted
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup almonds, blanched and shredded
Preparation methodPrep: 45 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour 2 8-inch round baking pans.
2. Cream the butter, add gradually 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, and egg unbeaten; when well mixed, add 2/3 cup milk, the flour mixed and sifted with baking powder, and vanilla.
3. To melted chocolate add one-third cup powdered sugar, place on range, add gradually remaining milk, and cook until smooth. Cool slightly, and add to cake mixture. Divide batter into prepared pans.
4. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool completely.
5. Sprinkle frosted cake with almonds between layers and on top.
Reference: Chocolate nougat cake recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 36 times, 1 visits today)