Chocolate and polenta tart recipe
Chocolate And Polenta Tart Recipe
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
For Tart Shell Ingredients
1. All purpose flour (1 1/2c)
2. vanilla extract (1tsp)
3. olive oil (2tbsp)
4. egg (1large)
5. butter of (1stick cut it into 1/4inch cubes, kept cold)
6. Zest of (1 lemon)
7. salt (1tsp)
8. sugar (3/4c)
9. instant polenta (1/2c)
For Tart Ingredients
1. Eggs (2large)
2. vanilla extract (2tsp)
3. butter (1 stick at room temperature)
4. all purpose flour (1tbsp)
5. fine polenta (3tbsp)
6. salt (a pinch)
7. granulated sugar (1/2c)
Method of preparation
Tart shell Ingredients
1. Take a food processor, put flour, sugar, salt and polenta and lemon zest in it. Blend them to mix all the ingredients. Add cold butter in it and mix it.
2. Take a bowl; mix the remaining ingredients in it. Add the mixture of wet ingredients to the mixture of dry ingredients. Mix all the ingredients well to make a ball of dough. Form the dough disk about 2 inches thick.
3. Cover the dough with plastic wrapper and keep it in the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
For Tart Ingredients
1. First heat the oven to 350 degrees. Take out the chilled dough from the refrigerator and roll it. Place the rolled dough on the pan.
2. Place the pan in the refrigerator and keep the dough to chill. Meanwhile melt the butter and chocolate over low heat by stirring it.
3. Take a mixer, blend eggs, salt and sugar in it on high speed for about 3 minutes. Add vanilla in it and mix it. Add egg mixture to the melted chocolate. Mix polenta and flour in it. Put this mixture into the tart pan.
4. Place the pan in oven and bake it for about 25 minutes. Take out the pan from oven and keep it to cool and then sprinkle the confectioner sugar in it.
Reference: Chocolate and polenta tart recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.