Chipotle butter recipe
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Like a little butter with your chipotle peppers? Seasoned with fresh lime juice and cilantro, this compound butter will add a whole lotta spice to your day!
Ready in: 10 mins
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 can chipotle peppers, or to taste, diced
- 2 tablespoons sauce from chipotle can
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- dash garlic powder
Prep: 10 mins
1. In a small bowl whip the butter, with an electric mixer, until smooth and fluffy. Add the minced peppers, chipotle sauce, lime juice, cilantro, and garlic powder. Whip until incorporated. Transfer to a serving bowl, cover and chill.Some like it hot:
I use about 1 1/2 cans of chipotle, but I like the strong flavor. You can adjust this to meet your taste.
The longer it sits, the deeper the color and richer the flavor. Just before serving put a teaspoon of the cold butter on cooked steak or burgers and allow it to melt over the top. For bread, leave softened for easier spreading.
Reference: Chipotle butter recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.