Chinese cashew beef recipe
Chinese Cashew Beef
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
A quick and easy stir fry with extra protein (and flavor) from salted cashews. Omit the cornstarch for low-carb diets–but the sauce will be runny.
Ready in: 30 mins
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 pound sirloin steak, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 8 green onions, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2/3 cup salted cashews
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. Stir cornstarch, soy sauce, sesame oil, oyster sauce, ginger, cayenne, and water together in a bowl.
2. Pour 1 tablespoon oil into a large skillet and set over medium heat. Add beef and cook to brown thoroughly. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil.
3. Add 1 tablespoon oil to the skillet. When oil is hot, stir in onions, cashews, and garlic and cook for 1 minute. Drizzle with the cornstarch slurry from Step 1.
4. When cornstarch slurry comes to a boil, cook for 2 minutes to thicken. Stir beef into the mixture and cook for 1 more minute. Serve.
Reference: Chinese cashew beef recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.