Chinese bbq beef recipe
Chinese BBQ BeefThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introChinese BBQ beef is a delicious and flavorful dish that combines tender slices of beef with a sticky and tangy marinade. This recipe is perfect for those who love the bold flavors of Chinese cuisine and enjoy the smoky charred taste of barbecued meat. The beef is marinated in a mixture of soy sauce, hoisin sauce, garlic, and ginger, which infuses it with a savory and slightly sweet taste. Grilled to perfection, this dish is a crowd-pleaser that can be served as a main course or in stir-fries and noodle dishes.
Keywords: Chinese, BBQ beef, recipe, marinade, grilled.
Chinese bbq beef recipe details
This recipe was one of my favorites growing up. My mother used to make it for me on my birthday as a special treat for dinner. I’ve made this dish for many friends and they all love the smell and taste of it, and tell me they have never had anything like it. The smells and taste bring me back to when I was a little boy growing up in NJ. This also tastes great as a lettuce wrap.
Ready in: 50 mins
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 cup finely diced onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped bamboo shoots
- 1/4 cup finely chopped water chestnuts
- 1/3 cup light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 4 tablespoons Chinese BBQ sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
Preparation methodPrep: 30 mins | Cook: 20 mins
1. Add beef to a 2-quart saucepan with 1 1/2 cups water, and mix to an even consistency. Turn stove to medium-high heat.
2. Add garlic, onions, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, soy sauce, chili flakes, sugar, and BBQ sauce to pan and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Mix cornstarch and remaining 1/4 cup water to make a slurry. Add it to the rapidly boiling beef mixture in the pan and stir for about 1 minute until fully thickened and then turn off the heat.
4. After the boiling stops, add the sesame oil and mix well. Serve over rice and sprinkle with green onions to garnish.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Chinese bbq beef recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.