Chicken thighs marengo recipe
Chicken Thighs Marengo RecipeThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introLooking for a delicious and hearty chicken dish? Look no further than this Chicken Thighs Marengo recipe! This classic French dish features tender chicken thighs cooked in a rich tomato sauce infused with aromatic herbs and spices. The result is a mouthwatering combination of flavors that will leave you craving for more. Whether you're planning a special dinner or simply want to impress your family, this recipe is sure to be a hit.
Keywords: chicken thighs, Marengo recipe, French dish, tomato sauce, aromatic herbs.
Chicken thighs marengo recipe detailsIngredients
1. Chicken thighs, skinned (6)
2. sliced fresh mushrooms (1c)
3. olive oil (2tsp)
4. pepper (1/4tsp)
5. salt (1/2tsp)
6. minced fresh parsley (1tb)
7. tomatoes, cut into wedges (2medium)
8. dried whole thyme (1/4tsp)
9. dry white wine or Chablis (1/2c)
10. minced garlic clove (1)
11. sliced green onion (4)
Method of preparation
1. Take chicken thighs, trim the excess fat from thighs and then wash them and pat dry them. Place the chicken in shallow dish or plate.
2. Take a large frying pan, grease it with cooking spray and place the pan over medium high heat. Add chicken in the pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes from all sides until the chicken gets lightly brown in color. Then take out the chicken from the pan and drain it on paper towel.
3. Take paper towel to wipe the frying pan and grease it again with cooking spray and then place it over medium high heat. Add mushrooms in the pan and cook them for about 2 minutes by stirring regularly. Now take out the mushrooms from the pan and keep them aside.
4. Now again coat the pan and place it over medium high heat. Then add garlic and green onions in it and saute them for about 1 minute. Mix thyme and wine in it and then add reserved chicken in it. Keep this mixture to boil.
5. Cover the pan, turn down the heat to low and keep it to simmer for about 25 minutes. Now add the mushrooms, salt, pepper and tomato wedges and keep it to simmer for about 2 minutes until the mixture gets heated. Sprinkle the parsley over it and then serve it at once.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Chicken thighs marengo recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.