Cherry custard ice cream recipe
Cherry Custard Ice Cream Recipe
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
1. Pitted sweet cherries in syrup (1can)
2. sugar (3/4c)
3. egg yolks (2)
4. whipping cream (1 1/2c)
5. vanilla (1tsp)
6. whole milk (1c)
Method of preparation
1. Take a bowl; whip egg yolk and sugar until it gets thick and pale yellow. Then keep it aside.
2. Take a saucepan; simmer milk in it over medium low heat. Slowly whisk the milk into the egg mixture. Pour this mixture again to the saucepan.
3. Cook it in saucepan over low heat; stir it continuously until the mixture gets thicken. Milk should not be boiled. The eggs will curdle.
4. Take a large bowl and strain the mixture in it and then cool it at room temperature. Blend the sweet cherries in syrup in a blender or a food processor until gets smooth. Add whipping cream, cherry mixture and vanilla into the milk mixture.
5. Cover the mixture and place in the refrigerator for several hours or until it gets completely cold. Now put this mixture into the ice cream mixture and freeze it.
Reference: Cherry custard ice cream recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.