Crockpot chicken curry recipe
Crockpot Chicken Curry Recipe
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
1. Chicken, cut up (3 1/2lb)
2. crushed red pepper flakes (1/2tsp)
3. curry powder (1tbsp)
4. cinnamon stick (2”)
5. grated fresh ginger root (1tbsp)
6. minced garlic (3cloves)
7. thinly sliced onion (1)
8. chopped coconut (1/2c)
9. chopped peanut (1/2c)
10. mango chutney (1/2c)
11. sliced green onion (1/2c)
12. chopped cilantro leaves (1/4c)
13. cold water (2tbsp)
14. cornstarch (2tbsp)
15. low sodium chicken broth (1/2c)
Method of preparation
1. Take a crock-pot of 3 to 4 quarters, add ginger root, garlic, onion, red pepper flakes, curry powder, cinnamon in it and mix all these ingredients.
2. Take chicken pieces, wash them and pat dry them with paper towel. Place the pieces on the top of mixture in crockpot and then pour the chicken broth over it.
3. Cover the crockpot and cook the chicken for about 7 to 8 hours on low heat. Take out the chicken and keep it warm. Skim the fat from the crockpot.
4. Take a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water in it and then mix it into the remaining juices of crockpot. Now increase the heat to high and cook it uncovered for about 15 to 20 minutes until the gravy gets thickened.
5. When it gets ready then sprinkle cilantro leaves and green onions over it and then serves it with chutney and sauce. You can serve it chopped coconut or peanut.
Number of servings – 6
Reference: Crockpot chicken curry recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.