Chicken makhani indian butter chicken recipe
Chicken Makhani (Indian Butter Chicken) Recipe
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
1. Boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into small bite size pieces (1pound)
2. peanut oil (1tbsp)
3. black pepper (1 pinch)
4. salt (1pinch)
5. cayenne pepper (1/4tsp or to taste)
6. tomato puree (1c)
7. half and half (1c)
8. plain yogurt (1/4c)
9. bay leaf (1)
10. ground cumin (1tsp)
11. chili powder (1tsp)
12. hot spices mix or garam masala (1tsp)
13. ginger-garlic paste (1tsp)
14. lemon juice (2tsp)
15. butter (2tbsp)
16. chopped white onion (1/4)
17. finely chopped shallot (1)
18. peanut oil (1tbsp)
19. water (1c)
20. cornstarch (1tbsp)
21. cayenne pepper (1pinch)
22. garam masala (1tsp)
Method of preparation
1. Take a large saucepan, place it over medium heat. Heat 1tablespoon of oil in it and then saute onion and shallot in it until they get soft. Add bay leaf, cumin, chili powder, 1 teaspoon of garam masala, ginger-garlic paste, lemon juice and butter in it.
2. Cook this mixture for about 1 minute by stirring. Then add tomato puree and cook it for about 2 minutes. Mix yogurt and half and half in it. Turn down the heat to low and keep it to simmer for about 2 minutes by stirring the mixture regularly. Add salt and pepper and then take off the pan from heat.
3. Take a large heavy frying pan, place it over medium heat. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in it. Cook chicken in it for about 10 minutes until it gets lightly brown. Turn down the heat. Add cayenne and 1 teaspoon of garam masala in it. Mix sauce in it and keep it to simmer until mixture gets reduced. Now mix the cooked chicken into the sauce.
4. Take a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water in it and then mix it into the sauce. Again cook it for about 5 to 10 minutes until the sauce gets thickened.
Number of servings – 4
Reference: Chicken makhani indian butter chicken recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.