Cherry chocolate and buttermilk scones recipe
Cherry, Chocolate, and Buttermilk SconesThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Delicious touch to desserts!
Ready in: 25 mins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon orange zest (yummy!)
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, cold
- 3/4 cup dried cherries, sweet or sour (maybe a little of both!)
- 1/2 cup miniture chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Preparation methodPrep: 10 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Lightly flour a work surface.
2. In large bowl mix the flours, sugar, baking powder and baking soda, salt, orange zest with wire whisk.
3. Cut butter into 1/2 inch cubes and add to flour mixture. Using the paddle of a stand mixer or your finger or a pastry cutter, cut the butter into flour mixture untill it is a fine texture and looks a little like cornmeal with evenly dispersed chunks of butter
4. Stir in cherries, chocolate chips, and buttermilk, stirring just until the moment of dough becomes wet and sticky.
5. Turn the dough out onto the floured work surface and pat it into 1-inch thick circle. Cut the circle into 8 wedges. Mix the cinnamon and sugar together on a small plate. Press the top of each wedge heavily into sugar mixture and place the scones evenly spaced on the baking sheet with the sugared side on top.
6. Bake until firm to the tpuch on top and lightly golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. serve warm and with milk.
Share this content!
Reference: Cherry chocolate and buttermilk scones recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 12 times, 1 visits today)