Cheesy potatoes au gratin recipe
Cheesy Potatoes au Gratin
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
This is an easy, excellent side dish to complement beef, pork or chicken.
Ready in: 1 hour 25 mins
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 cups Velveeta(R) cheese, diced
- 1/3 cup Hormel Bacon Bits(R)
Prep: 30 mins | Cook: 55 mins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil, and cook potatoes until tender, about 30 minutes. Drain potatoes and place in a casserole baking dish; set aside.
3. In another large saucepan, heat vegetable oil and salt over medium heat until hot; remove from heat and stir in flour to form a paste. Add milk, a little at a time, stirring constantly over low heat to thicken. Add diced cheese, stirring constantly. Remove cheese sauce from heat and pour mixture over potatoes in casserole dish. Top with Bacon Bits.
4. Bake in the preheated oven until potatoes are light golden brown and cheese sauce is bubbly, about 25 minutes.
Reference: Cheesy potatoes au gratin recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.