Cheeseburger stuffed bread recipe
Cheeseburger Stuffed Bread
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Why have plain old bread when you can have bread stuffed with a cheesy blend of ground beef, onions, garlic and peppers? Silly question, isn’t it.
Ready in: 55 mins
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 (11 ounce) tube Pillsbury® Crusty French Loaf dough
- 4 slices American cheese
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
Prep: 25 mins | Cook: 30 mins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Combine beef, onion, bell pepper, and garlic in a skillet. Set over medium heat. Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring, until browned, then sprinkle with flour and stir in mustard and ketchup. Turn off heat.
3. Open dough and roll out into a 14×12-inch rectangle. Top with the beef mixture in a column down the middle of the dough, then arrange cheese over the beef.
4. Fold dough on top of the filling, seal by pinching the dough together, and flip over onto the prepared baking sheet. The seam you just made should be face down on the baking sheet.
5. Top the loaf with egg white and Parmesan. Cut a few slits in the top of the loaf, then bake for about 30 minutes. Loaf is done when it’s golden brown.
6. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes, then slice and serve.
Reference: Cheeseburger stuffed bread recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.