Charbroiled georgia pecan and wild rice veggie burger recipe
Charbroiled Georgia Pecan and Wild Rice Veggie BurgerThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
As if the pecans don’t give it away, this is a healthy-gourmet’s best friend from the State of Georgia; add the Georgia Peach-Mayonnaise with fresh tarragon and it is the best ever veggie burger you tasted. Secret: the addition of the pecans on the crust and in the burger gives it a meat-like flavor and I had friends ask me, “What meat did you use?” Try it , even if you are a red meat lover…
Ready in: 29 mins
- 1/2 stale whole grain bun roll, torn into crumbs
- 3/4 cup lightly crushed (chopped) toasted pecans, divided
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup lightly crushed toasted pecans (see above)
- 1 tablespoon grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2/3 cup toasted rolled oats
- 1/2 cup cooked wild rice
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 4 whole grain burger rolls
- 1 cup prepared coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 ripe peach (or 2 canned peach halves), chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 4 outer red lettuce leaves
- 8 each peach halves (fresh or canned) and tarragon sprigs
Preparation methodPrep: 18 mins | Cook: 11 mins
1. For the crust: Combine the whole grain bun crumbs and 1/2 cup toasted pecan pieces in a food processor and process until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
2. For the burgers: Puree black beans with 1/4 cup crushed pecans , mustard, tomato paste, salt, garlic, cumin, oats, wild rice and green onions. Combine thoroughly and shape into 4 equal-sized patties, the size of your rolls. Roll patties in pecan-crumb mixture , making sure the pecan mixture sticks to the burger patties.
3. Heat the charcoal grill to medium high, brushing the grill lightly with vegetable oil to avoid sticking.
4. Grill patties 3 to 4 minutes on each side to a dark golden brown, turning once. Toast the burger rolls, open face, on the outer edges of the grill to a golden brown.
5. For the Georgia Peach mayonnaise and slaw: In a small bowl, combine chopped peaches, mayonnaise and chopped tarragon leaves until nicely combined. Toss slaw mix into the mayonnaise
6. To serve: Place 2 bun halves on each of 4 burger platters. Top bottom half of rolls with a red lettuce leaf,slaw.Add patty, add more peach slaw and top of roll. Serve with sprigs of fresh tarragon and 2 fresh (or canned) peach halves if available.
Reference: Charbroiled georgia pecan and wild rice veggie burger recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 24 times, 1 visits today)