Casablanca chicken recipe
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Classic Moroccan flavors in a tasty and easy chicken dish. So good, you’ll be tempted to bogart it.
Ready in: 30 mins
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut in half
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup black olives, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, cut in half
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. Flatten chicken to an even thickness. Pour 1 teaspoon olive oil into a large nonstick skillet and set over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in hot oil for about 4 minutes each batch, to brown and slightly cook, then transfer to a plate.
2. Pour another teaspoon of oil into the skillet and set over medium heat. Cook onion, garlic, cinnamon, cumin, turmeric, and ginger in hot oil for about 2 minutes to soften, then add broth, apricots, and olives.
3. When mixture comes to a boil, cook for 5 minutes. Then set chicken back in the skillet and cook for another 5 minutes, flipping midway through cooking time.
4. Serve chicken sprinkled with cilantro.
Reference: Casablanca chicken recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.