Cajun seafood jambalaya recipe
Cajun Seafood Jambalaya recipe
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
- 1 pound smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 pound lean ham, diced
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Creole-type seasoning
- 2-3/4 cups chicken stock or water
- 1 can tomatoes (14 to 16 ounces)
- 1 can Roteldiced tomatoes with juice
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked rice
- 1 pound crawfish tails, shrimp, or crabmeat
In a Dutch oven, saute sausage and ham until begins to brown; add butter, chopped vegetables, and garlic and saute until soft, stirring often. Stir in seasonings, stock and tomatoes and bring to boil. Add rice, stirring well; add seafood, stir, reduce heat to low, cover and cook until rice is done, about 40 minutes.
Reference: Cajun seafood jambalaya recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.