Brule of brie and artichokes
Brule of Brie and Artichokes
- 8 ounces good brie (imported is best)
- 6 ounces steamed artichoke hearts (canned are ok, just soak in fresh water and drain thoroughly)
- 4 ounces blackened red pepper (again, canned roasted peppers are ok, soaked and drained)
- 2 heads of elephant garlic
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (preferably extra heavy)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives or scallions
- 1 Tablespoon lemon pepper
- 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
Cut brie into 1/2-inch squares, coarsely chop artichoke hearts, and finely chop red pepper. Roast garlic to caramelized state and peel into individual cloves.
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl, making sure that everything is well incorporated. Spoon mixture into a casserole dish with an even depth of approximately 1 inch. Bake in a 375-degree oven for approximately 20 minutes until top starts to form a brown crust. If pools of oil start to form, remove immediately.
Serve with small bowls and serving spoons and provide guests with an array of crackers (CarrsCracked Pepper Crackers work well). Enjoy!
Tags: recipe, Brule of brie and artichokes, cooking, diy