Broccoli cheddar soup recipe
Broccoli Cheddar Soup
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Thick and creamy, this quick and easy soup for 2 people is ready in just 20 minutes. The finer you chop the broccoli, the quicker it will cook.
Ready in: 20 mins
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup chicken broth/stock
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Prep: 5 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. In a saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender.
2. Stir in flour, salt and pepper; cook and stir until smooth and bubbly.
3. Add broth and milk all at once; cook and stir until the mixture boils and thickens.
4. Add broccoli. Simmer, stirring constantly, until heated through. (This is a good place to blend if you like it really smooth.) Remove from the heat and stir in cheese until melted.
Reference: Broccoli cheddar soup recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 24 times, 1 visits today)