Bourbon and peach chutney sauce
Bourbon and Peach Chutney Sauce recipe
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
This is great on venison or pork.
- Bourbon Sauce:
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 2 cups homemade or canned brown gravy
- 2 cups peach chutney (recipe follows)
- freshly ground black pepper
- Peach Chutney:
- 1 box fruit pectin
- 4 cups firm, ripe, and unbruised peaches (about 5 to 6 medium-large)
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup seedless golden raisins
- 1/4 cup slivered preserved ginger
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground cinnamon, cloves, and ginger
- 4-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
Bourbon sauce:Deglaze skillet used to brown meat with the bourbon and reduce 2 minutes. Add the gravy and chutney and simmer, stirring occasionally, over moderate heat for 5 minutes. Season with black pepper.
Peach chutney: In a large saucepan combine all ingredients except sugars. Add fruit pectin and stir to combine. Bring mixture to a full boil for 5 minutes, stirring. Add sugars and bring back to a boil. Boil for 2 to 3 minutes more. Remove pan from heat, skim, and let cool for 10 minutes. Transfer mixture to hot sterilized jars. Seal. Store in refrigerator; they are not processed or sealed with paraffin. Yields 3 pints.
Reference: Bourbon and peach chutney sauce
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.