Best chocolate cake ever x 10 recipe
Best Chocolate Cake Ever X 10This article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
A wonderful chocolate dessert for the whole family. Now enjoy the this great recipe 🙂
Ready in: 2 hours
- 2 cups sugar
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 3/4 cup buttermilk or sour milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour FROSTING:
- about 2 cups shortening
- about 1 cup powdered sugar
- about 1/2 cup of hot water
- 1 cup peanut butter (for flavor, optional)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract, mint extract, or orange extract (for flavor, optional)
Preparation methodPrep: 1 hour 30 mins | Cook: 30 mins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour 2 8-inch cake pans or one 9×13 inch cake pan.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream the sugar and butter together well. Add the eggs one at a time and beat to incorporate. Add the cocoa then the hot water and buttermilk and mix well.
3. In a separate bowl, sift together the baking powder, baking soda, salt, and flour. Gradually blend the two bowls together, and then vigorously beat the batter with a wooden spoon for several minutes. Your arm may get tired, but you have to do it by hand, unless you’re really lazy, then I suppose you can use the mixer. Pour the batter into the prepared pans.
4. Bake in the pre-heated oven until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the cake, about 30 minutes. Remove and cool before stacking and frosting.
5. FROSTING: In a bowl mix together shortening and powdered sugar with mixer, then add water gradually until frosting is fluffy and spreadable, then add whatever flavoring you are using. Now mix.Cook’s note:
The amounts in the frosting recipe are just a guide. Really you should extra of whatever you think you need to get the right texture. You can flavor the frosting with peanut butter – use about 1 cup. Or you can use about 2 tablespoons of any flavor extract you like: vanilla, orange, mint, etc.
Share this content!
Reference: Best chocolate cake ever x 10 recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.