Best big roast turkey breast recipe
Best Big Roast Turkey Breast
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
Get plenty of turkey without roasting a whole bird with this simple but great turkey breast recipe.
Ready in: 2 hours 20 mins
- 1 cup minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (5 to 6 pound) bone-in turkey breast
- 6 carrots, chopped into 2-inch pieces
- 3 celery ribs, chopped into 2-inch pieces
- 2 onions, chopped into wedges
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 lemons, sliced
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 2 hours
1. Stir together the basil, lemon zest, garlic, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Rub under the skin of the turkey breast, then pin the skin back onto the flesh with toothpicks.
2. Place carrots, celery, and onion in a roasting pan and drizzle with broth and water. Set the turkey breast over the vegetables and arrange sliced lemons on the meat. Insert a meat thermometer in the thickest part of the breast, not touching bone.
3. Set in oven and roast for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, until meat thermometer reaches 170 degrees F. Every 30 minutes, use a turkey baster to squirt some of the pan juices over the turkey breast.
4. Remove from oven and let the roast rest for 15 minutes, then slice and serve with roasted carrots, celery, and onion.
Reference: Best big roast turkey breast recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.