Beer boiled gulf shrimp recipe
Beer Boiled Gulf Shrimp
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Large Gulf shrimp boiled in your favorite beer. I like to use a light ale (not too hoppy) rather than dark beer or pilsner. There’s a little butter for a touch of flavor. This is a great way to get messy as you eat–finger food at its best!
Ready in: 30 mins
- 3 cans your favorite beer
- 1 onion, cut in large pieces
- 1 head garlic, cloves cut in half
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons Cajun seasoning, or to taste
- 3 pounds large Gulf shrimp
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. Pour the beer into a large pot with a lid. Add the onion, garlic, butter and Cajun seasoning. Bring to a hard boil on high heat and cook for 5 minutes.
2. Stir in the shrimp. Cover with a lid, and boil until the shrimp have all turned pink and are cooked. Stir the shrimp with a spoon frequently to ensure even cooking.
3. Dump the shrimp into a colander to drain, and pick out the onion pieces. Return to the pot and squeeze in the lemon and add the parsley. Stir and serve.
Reference: Beer boiled gulf shrimp recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.