Beef stew recipe
Beef Stew⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
A classic beef stew that you will savor. This stew really satisfies both your hunger and your taste buds, plus it’s easy to make and smells so goshdarn good!
Ready in: 1 hour 45 mins
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 pounds cubed beef for stew
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cups red wine (Merlot works great)
- 1 tablespoon beef base, or to taste
- 1 quart milk
- 6 carrots, diced
- 6 stalks celery, diced
- 4 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 tablespoons ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
Prep: 30 mins | Cook: 1 hour 15 mins
1. Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot over high heat. Brown the beef in the hot oil on all sides, about 10 minutes. Stir in the onions towards the end of the browning, and cook until the onions soften and brown around the edges. Remove the beef from the pot.
2. Pour the wine into the hot pot, and bring to a boil. Boil for 10 minutes to cook off the alcohol, then stir in the beef base until dissolved.
3. Pour the milk into the pot, then stir in the beef, carrots, celery, and potatoes. Season with coriander, cumin, oregano, basil, pepper, and salt.
4. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to maintain the simmer. Cover, and cook until the beef is tender, about 1 hour.
Check out this recipe book if you would like to cook something tasty AND healthy!
Tags: recipe, Beef stew recipe, diy, how to cook, prepare Beef stew recipe Recipe type: xarchivexFind more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com