Beef potato hash recipe
Beef Potato HashThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
This is one filling casserole. Perfect for the morning before a ruck march, or just a day working in the yard. Adapted from the 1910 Manual for Army Cooks.
Ready in: 1 hour 40 mins
- 1 1/2 pounds potatoes, grated or finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds beef stew meat, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 cups beef stock, or as needed
Preparation methodPrep: 10 mins | Cook: 1 hour 30 mins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and coat a 13×9-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine potatoes, onion, and beef. Add beef stock until the mixture is wet and holds together, then transfer to baking pan.
3. Bake for 1 1/2 hours, until beef is cooked and mixture is crisp on top. Add more stock if mixture dries out before beef is cooked.
Reference: Beef potato hash recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 20 times, 1 visits today)