Beef pho recipe
Beef PhoThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introBeef pho is a traditional Vietnamese dish known for its flavorful broth and tender beef slices. This recipe takes you on a journey to recreate the authentic taste of this beloved soup in your own kitchen. With a combination of aromatic spices, fresh herbs, and rice noodles, every spoonful of this beef pho is a burst of rich and comforting flavors. Whether you're a pho enthusiast or new to this dish, this recipe will guide you through the process of creating a delicious bowl of beef pho that will warm your soul.
Keywords: Beef pho, Vietnamese dish, flavorful broth, tender beef, aromatic spices
Beef pho recipe details
This Vietnamese soup is filling, warming and cheap. You may want to hit up an Asian grocery to get these ingredients.
Ready in: 30 mins
- 4 1/4 cups beef stock
- 4 1/4 cups water
- 1/2-inch piece fresh ginger, cut into matchsticks
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 star anise
- 2 green cardamom pods, slightly crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted coriander seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce, or to taste
- 9 ounces dried rice vermicelli noodles
- Boiling water
- 8 ounces sirloin steak, sliced very, very thin
- Optional garnishes: chopped cilantro, mint, bean sprouts, sliced serrano chile, lime, hoisin sauce
Preparation methodPrep: 10 mins | Cook: 20 mins
1. Stir beef stock together with water in a large soup pot. Add ginger, cinnamon, star anise, cardamom, coriander, and fish sauce. Set over high heat.
2. When broth boils, turn heat down to low. Simmer for about 15 minutes.
3. Set rice vermicelli in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Soak for 5 minutes, then drain. Divide between four bowls.
4. Add beef to the simmering broth. Cook for about 30 seconds to 1 minute, until beef is cooked. Then lift beef out of the broth and place on top of noodles.
5. Pour broth over the bowls of noodles and beef. Serve with cilantro and other garnishes for each to dress up their own soup.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Beef pho recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
Visited 27 times, 1 visit(s) today