Basic potato soup recipe
Basic Potato Soup
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
My mother gave me this recipe for potato soup and it is extremely easy and tastes great.
Ready in: 1 hour
- 6-8 large red potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 8 slices turkey or pork bacon
- 1 tablespoon oil or butter
- 2-3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 20 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic salt
Prep: 30 mins | Cook: 30 mins
1. Place cubed potatoes in a very large saucepan with enough water to cover completely. Boil on high heat until tender. Meanwhile, Saute the onions and bacon in a medium frying pan till brown in oil.
2. Disolve the chicken bouillon cubes in the hot water, breaking the cubes up with a fork or spoon, stirring together. Add to a medium mixing bowl with evaporated milk and garlic salt to taste.
3. Empty boiling water from potatoes and set 1/8th of the potatoes aside in a bowl
4. Add milk mixture to the potatoes along with onions and bacon. Mix together till creamy, adding more evaporated milk for thinner soup. Add the rest of the potatoes, breaking them up to the chunky style of your taste.
5. Slow simmer the soup for 15-20 minutes and serve.
Reference: Basic potato soup recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.