Barbecue hamburgers recipe
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
The best barbecue hamburgers ever! Meatloaf-like patties are grilled, then soaked in homemade barbecue sauce overnight. This is a great make ahead meal!
Ready in: 12 hours 50 mins
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup (Karo(R))
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/3 cup onion
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 1/4 pounds ground beef
- 1 to 2 cups crushed Ritz(R) crackers or bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1/2 large onion
- 1/2 cup ketchup
Prep: 12 hours | Cook: 50 mins
1. Blend mustard with tomato sauce, corn syrup, vinegar, onion, Worcestershire, celery seed and hot sauce. Cook over med heat, stir frequently, till mixture comes to boil; reduce heat and let simmer gently for 30 mins.
2. Mix beef, crackers, egg, garlic powder, chopped onion, and ketchup together. Make into hamburger patties, and cook on grill.
3. Let cooked hamburgers marinate in sauce mixture over night,
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
5. Reheat burgers, in sauce, 30 minutes or until heated through, in oven and enjoy!
Reference: Barbecue hamburgers recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.