Banana rum bundt cake recipe
Banana Rum Bundt Cake
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
Moist and delicious banana based cake, enhanced with a banana rum glaze that is absorbed into the outer layer of the cake. Easy to make using yellow cake and instant vanilla pudding mixes with impressive results.
Ready in: 2 hours 30 mins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 large (5.1 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup banana rum
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 1 hour | Extra time: 1 hour 15 mins, cooling
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan. Sprinkle chopped walnuts in bottom of pan.
2. In a large bowl or stand mixer, mash bananas. (If using a stand mixer, use the flat beater to mash the bananas and mix the ingredients.) Add cake mix and pudding mix, eggs, 1/4 cup water, and 1/2 cup oil. Beat until well mixed and smooth. Pour batter over nuts in pan.
3. Bake in the preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes in the pan, then invert onto a serving dish. Add 3/4 of the glaze to the bottom of the pan. Use a spatula to incorporate any walnuts or batter that is left in the pan into the glaze. Return cake to pan and pour remaining 1/4 of the glaze on top of the inverted cake. Leave cake in the pan until entirely cooled, about 1 hour, then invert onto serving dish and enjoy.
4. To make the glaze: In a saucepan, combine butter, 1/4 cup water and 1 cup sugar. Bring to a boil and continue boiling, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, allow to cool slightly for a minute or two, and stir in 1/4 cup banana rum.
Reference: Banana rum bundt cake recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.