Baked salmon with vegetables and herbs
Baked Salmon with Vegetables and Herbs recipe
Its always inspiring to go to the market and find the produce bins full of great-looking vegetables. On one trip, I chose what I wanted, picked up some fresh salmon to go with it, then took it all home and developed this recipe. Its excellent all year long….. former Innkeeper James E. Moss, Atlanta, Georgia
- 8 small red-skinned potatoes, sliced
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 4 ounces green beans, cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 large leeks (white and pale green parts only), sliced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dried dillweed
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried
- nonstick vegetable oil spray
- Four 6-ounce salmon fillets
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Fill large pot with water to depth of 1 inch. Place steamer rack in pot and bring water to boil. Place potatoes and carrot slices on steamer rack. Cover pot and steam 5 minutes. Add green beans and steam 5 minutes longer. Transfer vegetables to large bowl. Add olive oil, soy sauce, leeks, green onions, dill and basil and toss well. Season to taste with pepper.
Place 4 large foil sheets on baking sheets. Spray foil with vegetable oil spray. Place 1 salmon fillet on each foil sheet. Season with pepper. Spoon vegetable mixture evenly over salmon. Top each with 1 Tablespoon butter. Wrap foil around salmon and vegetables and seal.
Bake until fish is opaque, about 13 minutes. Transfer salmon and vegetables to plates; discard foil.
Tags: recipe, Baked salmon with vegetables and herbs, cooking, diy