Baked potatoes with black beans and salsa recipe
Baked Potatoes with Black Beans and SalsaThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introThis recipe for baked potatoes with black beans and salsa is a delicious and satisfying meal option. The combination of tender baked potatoes, hearty black beans, and zesty salsa creates a flavorful and nutritious dish. It is easy to prepare and can be enjoyed as a main course or a side dish. Perfect for a weeknight dinner or a casual gathering, this recipe is sure to please everyone's taste buds.
Keywords: baked potatoes, black beans, salsa, recipe, nutritious.
Baked potatoes with black beans and salsa recipe details
A Tex-Mex twist on the great baked potato. Make it mild or spicy depending on which salsa you choose.
Ready in: 1 hour 10 mins
- 4 Russet potatoes
- 2 cups canned black beans, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup grated queso fresco (or, if you don’t have it, pepper jack)
- 1 cup salsa
Preparation methodPrep: 10 mins | Cook: 1 hour
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Pierce the potatoes a few times with a fork. Place on baking sheet and bake for 1 hour, or until you can easily slide a knife through the potatoes.
3. While potatoes are baking, toss beans with cumin in a saucepan and warm up over medium heat. Smash some of the beans with a fork.
4. Split potatoes open and top each with 1/2 cup black beans and 1/4 cup queso fresco. Return to oven for 2 minutes to melt cheese, then dollop each with 1/4 cup salsa (or to taste) and serve.Cook potato faster in microwave
In a hurry? Cook the potatoes in the microwave. Pierce with a fork as above, then put in microwave on a paper towel. Microwave on high for 15 minutes (only 8-10 if you are doing just 1 potato), or until you can easily slide a knife through the potato.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Baked potatoes with black beans and salsa recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.