Baked pasta with chicken sausage recipe
Baked Pasta With Chicken Sausage RecipeThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introThis delicious Baked Pasta with Chicken Sausage recipe is a comforting and flavorful dish that will satisfy your cravings. The combination of tender chicken sausage, hearty pasta, and a rich tomato sauce creates a mouthwatering meal that the whole family will love. The dish is baked to perfection, resulting in a cheesy and bubbly top layer that adds an irresistible texture. With its easy preparation and impressive taste, this recipe is perfect for weeknight dinners or special occasions.
Keywords: baked pasta, chicken sausage, comforting, flavorful, cheesy.
Baked pasta with chicken sausage recipe detailsIngredients
1. Smoked chicken sausage, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/4inch thick (12 ounces)
2. grated parmesan cheese (1/2c)
3. Fontina cheese (6 ounces, 4 ounces cut into ½ inch cubes and 2 ounces coarsely grated)
4. baby spinach (10 ounces)
5. rigatoni pasta (1 pound)
6. heavy cream (1/2c)
7. dried oregano (1/2tsp)
8. whole tomatoes with juice, lightly crushed with hands (1can about 28 ounces)
9. vodka (1/4c optional)
10. minced garlic (4cloves)
11. chopped red onion (1med.)
12. olive oil (1tbsp)
13. coarse salt and ground pepper
Method of preparation
1. First heat the oven to 400 degrees and keep the large pot of salted water to boil.
2. Take a large frying pan, place it over medium heat. Heat oil in it, add onion in it and cook it for about 3 minutes until it gets soft. Mix garlic in it and take off the pan from heat. If you like then add vodka in it and again cook it for 1 minute until it gets almost evaporated.
3. Mix oregano and tomatoes in it and cook them for about 10 to 15 minutes. Then add cream in it and cook it for about 5 minutes until it gets heated. Mix salt and pepper in it.
4. Cook the pasta in large pot of boiling water until it gets soft. Then add spinach in it and cook it until it gets wilted. Drain it and place again in the pot, add sausage, tomato sauce and cubed fontina cheese to the pot. Mix it well to coat and then season it with salt and pepper.
5. Take 2 shallow and 1 ½ quarter baking dishes. Sprinkle the parmesan and grated fontina on top. Place the dish in oven and bake it for about 20 to 30 minutes. Take it out from oven and serve it.
Number of servings – 8
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Baked pasta with chicken sausage recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.