Atwood inn breakfast scones
Atwood Inn Breakfast Scones recipe⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
Voted to be our guests’ favorite recipe.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored Criscoshortening
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon flavoring (vanilla, orange, or maple)
- 1/2 cup nuts of choice (walnuts, pecans, or hazelnuts)
- 1/2 cup fruit of choice (blueberry, cranberry, dates, or raisins)
- (if using only nuts or fruit alone should total 1 cup.)
The night before mix dry ingredients together in a medium bowl. The next morning, add buttermilk, shortening, egg, flavoring, and nuts and/or fruit. Stir together gently kneading to complete mixing ingredients. Shape into a large ball and flatten, into a circle, on a cookie sheet or baking stone. Score into 8 pieces with serrated knife. Bake at 400 degrees for 18 to 22 minutes until lightly browned and toothpick comes out clear. Serve warm with butter, honey, jam, or flavored cream cheese. Enjoy.
Tags: recipe, Atwood inn breakfast scones, diy, how to cook, prepare Atwood inn breakfast scones Recipe type: xarchivexFind more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com