Asian new york strip steak in a skillet recipe
Asian New York Strip Steak in a Skillet
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
This easy, tasty steak soaks in a simple soy/ginger marinade before sizzling in your cast iron skillet.
Ready in: 1 hour 20 mins
Makes: 1 steak
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (1 1/4-inch thick) strip steak (or more)
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 10 mins | Extra time: 1 hour, marinating
1. Combine all ingredients except steak in a large plastic resealable bag. Add steak, seal the bag, and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour to marinate.
2. Set a cast-iron skillet in the oven and preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
3. Remove cast-iron skillet from oven and set over high heat on the stove. Lift steak out of marinade and lay meat down in the skillet. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side to brown.
4. Place skillet with steak back into the oven. Bake for about 6 minutes, until steak reaches an internal temperature of 135 to 140 degrees F (for medium-rare).
5. Remove skillet from oven and transfer steak onto a plate. Let it rest for 5 minutes to allow the juices to reabsorb into the steak. Serve.Note
Recipe makes just over 1 cup of marinade, enough for 2 pounds of steak.
Reference: Asian new york strip steak in a skillet recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.