Apple salsa with cinnamon chips
Apple Salsa with Cinnamon Chips recipe
- Ingredients for Salsa
- 2 medium tart apples chopped
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 2 medium kiwi fruit, peeled and chopped
- 1 small orange
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons apple jelly, melted
- 8 flour tortillas (7 or 8 inches)
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
In a bowl, combine apples, strawberries, and kiwi. Grate orange peel to measure 1-1/2 teaspoon. Squeeze juice from orange. Add peel and juice to apple mixture. Stir in brown sugar and jelly.
For chips, brush tortillas lightly with water. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over tortillas. Cut each tortillas into 8 wedges. Place in a single layer on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400 degrees for 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool. Serve with Salsa.
Recipe taken from Country Woman magazine – Sept. Oct. 1997.
Yields: 4 cups salsa
Tags: recipe, Apple salsa with cinnamon chips, cooking, diy