7 layer meatless tortilla pie Recipe
7-Layer Meatless Tortilla Pie⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
Black beans and pinto beans are flavored with Pace(R) Picante Sauce and seasonings to make separate and delicious bean mixtures, which are then layered with flour tortillas and Cheddar cheese, and baked until hot, cut into wedges and served.
Ready in: 1 hour
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans, drained
- 1 cup Pace(R) Picante Sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 7 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 40 mins
1. Mash pinto beans. Stir in 3/4 cup picante sauce and garlic.
2. Mix remaining picante sauce, cilantro, black beans and tomato.
3. Place 1 tortilla on baking sheet. Spread 3/4 cup pinto bean mixture over tortilla to within 1/2-inch of edge. Top with 1/4 cup cheese. Top with 1 tortilla and 2/3 cup black bean mixture. Top with 1/4 cup cheese. Repeat layers twice more. Top with remaining tortilla and spread with remaining pinto bean mixture. Cover with foil.
4. Bake at 400 degrees F for 40 minutes or until hot. Uncover. Top with remaining cheese. Cut into wedges. Serve with additional picante sauce and sprinkle with additional cilantro if desired.
Tags: recipe, 7 layer meatless tortilla pie Recipe, diy, how to cook, prepare 7 layer meatless tortilla pie Recipe Recipe type: xarchivexFind more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com